Saturday, April 29, 2006

Moleskine eller Lana som skissblock?

Jag skrev om detta på min engelska blogg, välj engelska. Jag låter texten få fortsätta vara på engelska.

It is a manner of taste to begin with, but also a question about my back in the choosing of bringing my Moleskine or Lana Esquisse in my bag, Lana being so much more heavy to carry for the back. Lana has a paper with a surface I prefer for most of my drawing. It has a slight texture in the surface which make the pen play together like a dance on and with the paper. Moleskine is very good looking with a great story to tell about who used it before me in history. And I do like the surface of that paper too, but I have to admit that at first it reminded me of another sketchpad I used 20 years ago by Daler-Rowney. Black colored cover like Moleskine, although diffirent in material and format. Still around to buy in art supplie stores. But I prefer Moleskine today - and Lana Esquisse, the french sketchbook. I found out that Steven Savile, the english sci-fi writer I have come to know a little, a really nice guy (you are Steven if you read this) use Moleskine as well. Although another pad than I use. I use "PLAIN JOURNALS" with plain pages. I useally buy my Molskine at the store Matton in Stockholm. It comes with 3 in a package. This doesnt mean I have abandon Lana Esquisse, but to carry with me on adaily basis its nowadays Moleskine Plain journals. My Lana Esquisse? at the little art suppliestore Jordi in Stockholm.

Stefan Lindblad
Illustratör & konstnär

3 comments:

Steven Savile said...

Thank you, Stefan!

I'm very glad Lee Child introduced us...

Personally I love the history that comes with the Moleskine - the thought that writers like Bruce Chatwin, whose novel UTZ was one of my favourite novels a few years back, along with Papa Hemmingway and other great CHARACTERS, just gives me a sense of place and purpose.

Stefan Lindblad said...

Well thank you Steven!

Yes I am very glad for Lee Child as well for the introducion...

I have to be honest that one of the reason for me to buying the Moleskine after first just liking the look of it, I have had similar sketchbooks before, it WAS the story that comes with the book. I see them mentioned as a kind of artistic soulmates.

Stefan Lindblad

Stefan Lindblad said...

I wrote bad english, I saw that now...;-) I am sorry for that.

Stefan